7.23.2012

Teen Choice Awards: Best & Worst Dressed (A 20-Something's Perspective)

Ok I'll admit, I tuned into a little bit of the Teen Choice Awards last night. Well, long enough to see some of these questionable teen celebrities (ahem..Kendall + Kyle Jenner...?) hit the red carpet. 

BEST

Chelsea Kane, Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi, No Doubt
Confession, I don't know who Chelsea Kane is. I do however, enjoy her shorts and blouse combo. It's perfectly appropriate for the awards and it's the right amount of edge. It's trendy without being obnoxious. 
Ellen + Portia just win all the time. They clearly never try too hard. I love the subtle detail of their semi-matching belt style. 
No Doubt is back and they've never looked better. They're put together without being too matchy-matchy. Clearly, blonde is in.

WORST

Ashley Benson, Hayden Panettiere, Jordin Sparks

 Second confession, I have no idea who Ashley Benson is, but I bet she (or her stylist) had good intentions with this outfit. Unfortunately, the whole look is just unflattering. The overly styled hair and awkward fitting trousers are just kind of sad. 
I'm sorry, Hayden Panettiere, but this dress (and perfectly matching heels) would look better on Malibu beach Barbie.
Jordin Sparks wore a bubble skirt, halter number to the awards last night. The embroidery and bubble skirt just screams 90s to me (and not in the good way).

MEH


I'm on the fence with Selena Gomez. Her dress and was just kind of boring to me. She looks cute, and simple but for an awards show she could have taken a little more risk.

Thoughts?

Follow on Twitter and Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! Couldn't agree more! Really love Gwyn's style xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Chelsea Kane is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete